Friday 17 July 2009

Kicking My Heels

It's been three, nearly four weeks since the WHW race and my quads and ITB just don't want to come out to play. I've tried several times but can't raise much more than a shuffle. Linda gave me a good massage on Wednesday, but still not right so I'll continue to give it time. Annoying, though, that I'm desperate to run and can't!
So, I've spent my time reading the WHW forum and blogs that have paid terrific tributes to Dario following his sad and unexpected death on Sunday. And good to see the humour in them, a reflection of the kind of guy he was and how much loved. His goblet presentation ceremony helped attract me to the race after I witnessed JR receiving his 12th goblet last year. There was something magical about this race and it all revolved round Dario. I wanted some! If I'd known then what I know now........

Last night I held the watch and recording sheet for the Milburn Harriers "Ted Baker" Pappert Well Hill Race over 5.25 miles and 900 feet. A great atmosphere as we met at race sponsor Big Pete's house in Bonhill where the race starts and finishes. A good race followed by some nice scoff and blether. JR was MC at the prizegiving where David Somerville (guest) and his partner Karen Lees collected the handicap prizes. Jim Watters (guest) was fastest gent and Catherine Wardlaw the fastest lady. Stevie Cowper was the fastest member and retained the trophy. Need to do something about a fastest lady prize though!

No comments: