Sunday 1 June 2008

Motorvation

No not motivation! Since last post I've missed a lot of training as I my good lady has been on holiday, and, for reasons I won't go into hasn't been in very good tid recently. So a bit of time with her including a wee trip to Irvine where my sister had a few friends and rels round for a belated celebration of Mairi and I's (?) 25th wedding anniversary.
I also started the Clydebank 10k but after doing sub 4 mins for the first K , and foolishly trying to keep running hard I only lasted 3k before deciding that the numb things hanging from my pelvis weren't going to work for much longer. I was able therefore to watch the future of Scottish athletics run to a new course record. The Scots at the top of the tree will now have to work a lot harder to earn their Asics vouchers.
After having had no work for the week despite being available on three days (probably to do with the Whitsun holiday in Englandshire) I got a call asking me to go to Ellon on Saturday morning to pick up an Audi, thereby scuppering my intention to run the 10k trail race at Aberfoyle. I was away at 7.30 by train to Aberdeen then bus to Ellon before a nice walk past a golf course to the customers house. My return journey was in an Audi A4 convertible, which was duly converted and a great time had by me on the return trip. I felt like a 22 year old again.
I then got to park it outside my house for the weekend, so maybe Rosie next door will think I've won the lottery!
On Sunday I thought I'd toddle over to Linwood to watch the Scottish Young Athletes League meeting. Got there to find it was mobbed and parked about 300 yards away. Walked into the track and couldn't see anyone from West Dunbartonshire. Phoned Duncan MacNeill who was with the kids... in Grangemouth! Oh well, back to the ironing board.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Oh to be 42 again never mind 22!

Debs M-C said...

You've been tagged. See my blog for details.