Monday 15 September 2008

Donkey!

Hee Haw, Hee Haw, He Hawlways calls me donkey!
Old punchline fro an old joke but it applies right here to yours truly.
The story really starts before I went on holiday, just at that moment when her indoors looks you i the eye and says " How many pairs of shoes are going in your case this time?" So, as I couldn't find my Jesus sandals, I took 1 pair of old comfy Rockport slip ons, my current Mizuno Wave Rider trainers and my Salomon trail shoes to double as walking shoes and hopefully on some off road adventures. So, Rockports too loose and worn to be used for long walking and became pool shoes, trail shoes not worn too much as I didn't go off road and Mizunos became the shoe of choice for everything.
Fair enough, except wear orthotic insoles when running in them and normal insoles when not.
However I sem to have somehow put my orthotics in on top of the insoles at some point and wore them for walking, hence the sore calfs, achilles and toes I have been suffering for days. When did I find out? 1 and a 1/2 miles into my first training run when my arches were screaming for mercy. Stopped and took out the insoles and suddenly I'm running comfortably.
Hopefully no lasting damage, but how easy was it to make a simple mistake?
So only 3 and a half miles today, but, hey, every long journey starts with but one step.

3 comments:

Brian Mc said...

Hope you are somewhere nice and sunny, relaxing, running, listening to Ivor Cutler by the pool! :-)

Debs M-C said...

Get rid of the salomon trail shoes and get yourself a pair of Trabucos! I've got a pair of salomons (which I use for kicking about) and don't know how anyone can run in them.

Davie said...

Oi've got a brand new pair of Salomons
You've got your Trabucos
I think that we should get together
When Marco's drinking booze.....
Then again you're with child

See Brian's blog for running joke