Saturday 27 September 2008

Little to report

Just two runs since my last post. On Thursday I was working locally and managed to get home i time to head to the club. A few absentees fro the usual pack so Geraldine and I were given the task of taking some of Jim Robertson's group for a harder run. I've reported before on some of Jim's training group, which has been boosted by the emergence of some of the girls from JogScotland. Sadly one of the girls, Laura was just coming back from breaking her leg on the WHW at easter when she went over on her foot on a training run and has broken a bone! Lucky white heather?
Anyway,back to Thursday's run and we all set off together but six of us, Christine, Elaine, Karen and Sandra plus Geraldine and I pulled away from the others. We did six miles which extended them a wee bit as it was faster than they were used to, but all capable of training at that level, so it was a successful session. Geraldine off with Ali and Christine to Aviemore for the weekend, and they are running at the Pitlochry 10k on Sunday. Have a good one girls!
On Friday I was in Aberdeen, Inverurie and Portlethen dropping off cars, bringing a VW Golf home that is going to Leeds on Monday. I fell in love with Inverurie, a lovely wee place and even better for the Craigdon Mountain Sports shop! £43 lighter for a Berghaus fleece and - wait for it - a compass. And they've got a website at http://www.craigdonmountainsports.com/
Nice well stocked shop and nice people.
Today I intended to get a few miles in but ended up answering an SOS from my son who was playing football and had forgotten to take some carbs. He is diabetic so texted me to take some along. I ended up watching part of the game - well it was better than watching the dire first half of the Merseyside derby. Got out later for 8 miles discovering a wee trail in Helensburgh that took my up the hill behind Camis Eskan and through some fields - no electric fences- and back home via the A814. 5 miles on road 3 off road. Not fast but worth the effort for the view over the Clyde to Greenock and down the firth. Sometimes the rewards far outweigh the benefits!

No comments: