Monday 29 December 2008

In the gym!!

As I felt a rest day would be a BIT cheeky after such a long lay off, I decided to do something different by going to the gym with my son. For no reason other than, as he works there, I get a freebie when I go with him. A warm up and cool-down on the cycle, sandwiched a light shoulder and leg circuit to break myself in gently. Then a swim and sauna before going home and finishing the last of my Christmas sweeties!
When my good lady came in I decided to go for a run as she would be watching some soap recordings before I ejected her to watch Man U. A couple of flat miles to start with but then ran up to the back of the village for a bit of hill efforts before coming home for a quick wash. Felt good despite my hammies singing a bit after the slight shock they got in the gym. One of my goals for 2009 will involve doing more resistance work, so they'd better get used to it!

No comments: