Thursday 5 February 2009

Spam and Ice

Jogscotland last night was a case of keeping them going on a slippery surface on which the girls were not at all happy. Therefore the run was slow and slower! Never mind, one more in the group than last week though for the life of me I can't remember which one was the extra, and with one of JR's group also running with me tonight there must have been two others.... senility, senility. The result of picking my way through snow and ice this week is an iffy knee that keeps hinting at collapsing under me.
At the club tonight it was a case of "It's Thursday, It Must Be Hill Reps". Off to the Mollanbowie Estate, Balloch's very own Spam Valley. Where every corner on the right is the start of a rep, running the full length of the street jogging back to the start of the next street for recovery. Each hill is different in length and incline with the last one probably the longest. One set this time with the threat of a second set next time we do 'em. Looking forward to it already! With a couple of miles each way to and from the estate it still tots up a total of 7.5 miles for the session. I intended starting off with a bit of care because of the knee, but as soon as I started running at a decent pace it was OK. Felt it a bit when running slower so I don't think there's any serious damage.
Tea and chips and cheese with JR afterwards undoing any fat loss from the session.

No comments: