Wednesday 12 November 2008

Freedom!

For the first time in 6 months I was able to do what I wanted, when I wanted today. Although I gave up work last week, my wife had some time off and I was subject to being under the thumb for the past 7 days. Today, however, she was back at work so I lay in my bed and scratched my bum until the dog annoyed me enough to get up. Straight into running gear though as I intended to put in a few miles at a decent pace as tonight I was in JogScotland mode. So in the early afternoon I did a quick run round Drumhead estate for 3and a 1/2 miles, so that if I had to take another group tonight it wouldbe easy to make up the 6 miles I was scheduled to run today. As it turned out the girls who turned up tonight, 7 of them, were all of good ability, if some of them needed a run after missing a few runs. The pack stayed together though and I was able to guide them up the hills at Mollanbowie estate and Davie Graham's hill where I was also able to stretch my legs a bit. Around 5 miles or just over, so that made for 8 and a 1/2 for the day. Easy pace. One thing I noticed after the early run was that i had no tightness afterwards, perhaps the distance run was enough to ease out the muscles and not enough to get them tight again. I'll keep an eye on that and see if it is a way to stay healthy!

Also noticed a weight loss over the past 10 days, and I am making an effort to keep the junk food to a minimum. Still a long way to June but my head seems to be on the right way, hope all the training group can say the same!

No comments: